Monday, June 4, 2012

Poolside in Northridge, CA

Guest Ziggy sits poolside with Grandma aka "Dogma" Corinne
In September 2012, I moved to Northridge, CA, from Encino.  The reason was that I had literally outgrown my sweet home of 12 years.  With dogs, clients and dog walkers/pet sitters coming and going, and a household consisting of me, my daughter (and her friends) and my mother, it was...well, let's just say...a bit chaotic.  Having started my pet services business in Encino, it was easy to develop a client base in North Hollywood, Studio City, Sherman Oaks and then across the valley floor from Encino, to Tarzana, Woodland Hills and eventually Calabasas.  I have an incredible team of exceptional dog walkers and pet sitters who love dogs and cats and critters with all their hearts and who travel the valley floor constantly, tending to well-loved pets with love and enthusiasm!  (You can see pics of the team on the Pooch Buddies website

One consideration in moving was that by moving just a bit north, to Northridge (I'm around the corner, literally, from California State University of Northridge...a gorgeous campus), I was able to double the size of my home and triple the size of my land.  Which means that all of us can stretch our arms, the dogs can roam in a huge, huge (and beautiful) back yard, resplendant with desert gardens, vegetable gardens, a pool and huge grassy areas.

The other consideration was distance.  What would it mean to move 5 miles further north?  You might laugh, but in traffic-ridden LA, 5 miles can mean an additional 30 minutes of driving.  Distance has not ended up as a problem at all. In fact, being on a beautiful ranch property has enhanced the experience of the dogs to such a great degree, that they can't wait to come back.  And because I offer a drop-off and pick-up service, clients don't even have to make the additional commute (although most choose to drop-off their pups themselves to say goodbye).

My client base has expanded to include Northridge and Porter Ranch, both just beautiful areas and best of all, every day feels a little bit like resort living, for my family and for the dogs staying with us.  Love to hear from you and meet your dogs or cats!

No comments:

Pooch Buddies regularly serves the following areas in Los Angeles: Studio City, Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys, Valley Village, Encino, Lake Balboa, Tarzana, Reseda, Northridge, Porter Ranch, Granada Hills, Woodland Hills, Winnetka, West Hills, Calabasas. We may be able to help you in other areas...call for rates.